My name is Jay Ng and I…
specialize in deal advisory, strategic thinking and product management. My circle of competence lies in deal advisory, where I have personally led and closed commercial M&A and divestment deals with average deal sizes of >US$100M.
I have worked in e-commerce, digital financial services, fast-moving consumer goods and the consumer electronics industry.
- Project lead for M&A and divestment deal sizes of >US$100M in key SEA markets, fully responsible across different stages of the deal – due diligence, negotiation, transaction, post-transaction integration. Led team of 20-30 consultants and legal advisors from the big 4 accounting firms and the top legal advisory firm for deal execution across financial services and logistics industries
- Performed financial analysis and modeling for capex projects worth over US$50M and drove RFP efforts to source and work with external consultants for design and build projects
- Worked with key strategic partners to incorporate joint ventures in local markets, quickly ramping up operations 10-20x over a period of 3-4 months
- Lead software product manager tasked to develop a new product from 0 to 1 in four months. The product, TicPods, went on to sell over 20,000+ units for a total of $2.8M on Indiegogo (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ticpods-free-most-interactive-wireless-earbuds#/)
- Also worked on consumer electronic products like smartwatches, smart homepods (Google Minis) and developing relevant AI voice recognition use cases for consumers
- Responsible for developing an e-commerce strategy for CLEAR MEN and worked with creative agencies to develop key visuals for CLEAR on e-commerce platforms like Lazada and Shopee.
- Spearheaded collaboration with external agencies through placement of Augmented Reality (AR) machines in over 300 Indomaret minimarts in Indonesia